Well, almost.
Today I took my baby (yes, my BABY baby) for her last few immunizations before kindergarten, and then registered her for real, actual school! She isn't so sure about the idea, but I'm sure she'll warm to it as it approaches.
I'm still toying with the idea of homeschooling though, if finances work out. We'll see.
Tonight at dinner, she started calling, "Bouncy, bouncy!". Then she'd pause for a moment and said again, "Bouncy! Bouncy!". Then: "hmmmm....he usually comes when I call him". I asked who bouncy was, and it is her imaginary pet frog. Of course. Bouncy.
It reminds me of when Morgan was little and used to pull along an old computer mouse and call it "Scampers"...her little pet dog. She had almost as much fun with that computer mouse as she would have with a real dog. It's great how kids can entertain themselves!
Monday, April 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Home schooling??
Ha! I knew someone would comment on that part.
Yes, there are parts of me that really want to do it - especially after I substitute for a few days in a row lol! On the other hand, there are some things that I love about the schools as well (free violin!).
I love the flexibility of homeschooling - that we could pick up and go with dh on one of his trips, that we could go to Disneyworld at the slowest time of year...
I'm also thinking that having kids in three different schools next year is going to be crazy! Three PTA's! Three bus schedules! Three school schedules! Three open houses, three reading/math nights...arghh!! This is why I loved the thought of Bonne Ecole!
And then it hits me - oh yeah, I need to contribute some income to the household. So, um, I'm not sure yet. But it is a thought.
LOL--I love the Bouncy story!! I'm going to see how L.O. goes, and I may be on the homeschooling bandwagon with you! I don't really want to, but if L.O. is as bad as I fear, I may have to!
I did this last fall with my baby. On her first day of kindergarten, I cried a happy dance. Lots of mixed emotions. With 6 kids, we have had YEARS of multiple schools. I think our high point was 5 different schools. This year it is 4 + our oldest at college.
I try to be active at school, but personally, sometimes the PTA has been lower on the priority list than other things. I'd rather help in the classroom than be on a committee. So I say, do what you can do without going crazy!
You have imaginative kids!
Post a Comment