Thursday, March 27, 2008

Spring Break Yuckies

I cannot believe we have spent our entire spring break being sick! Ugh. Morgan started last Thursday, then Ashlyn on Friday night/Saturday. I took them in to the doctor since I thought for sure it was flu (that went around Morgan's class the week before), but they had negative flu tests and negative strep tests. Sunday they seemed a little better, but mine kicked in on Sunday afternoon. Elise had a routine check up with her ENT on Monday and she had tonsilitis and an ear infection! So out of the 5 of us, only Doug has escaped it so far! Ashlyn's fever came back yesterday for a time, and I still have felt awful since Sunday. At least today my head doesn't feel like it's going to pop - now it's just in my nose and throat. Hopefully it is on it's way out!

We were going to go to Mobile with Doug today, but since we aren't feeling well we just stayed home. Mobile has a cool children's museum that we wanted to see again, and a few other things that I could do with the girls while Doug worked and met us for lunch. But it was not to be. I think we're going to stay in pj's all day and try to get some rest. I guess in a way it's good that it didn't happen during school so that we didn't have to miss work and class, but it's also a bummer to spend the whole break feeling yucky. Hopefully tomorrow and Saturday we'll at least feel well enough to go to the park or catch a movie or something!

No comments: