Thursday, March 27, 2008

Things to do while under the weather

Try looking for funny things on blogs! Thought I'd try this one:

What's your name?

1.YOUR ROCK STAR NAME: (first pet & current car)Blackie Santa Fe
2.YOUR GANGSTA NAME: (fave ice cream flavor, favorite cookie)Butter Pecan Oreo
3. YOUR “FLY Guy/Girl” NAME: (first initial of first name, first three letters of your last name)A-Gar
4. YOUR DETECTIVE NAME: (favorite color, favorite animal)Purple Monkey
5. YOUR SOAP OPERA NAME: (middle name, city where you were born) I don't have a middle name, so I'll just use the one my mom always called me: Kathleen American Fork
6. YOUR STAR WARS NAME: (the first 3 letters of your last name, first 2 letters of your first)Garan
7. SUPERHERO NAME: (”The” + 2nd favorite color, favorite drink)The Blue Diet Coke
8. NASCAR NAME: (the first names of your grandfathers) Gordon Del
9. STRIPPER NAME: (the name of your favorite perfume/cologne/scent, favorite candy)Eternity Jelly Bean
10.WITNESS PROTECTION NAME: (mother’s & father’s middle names ) Again, my parents don't really have middle names, so we'll improvise: Jean Gee
11. TV WEATHER ANCHOR NAME: (Your 5th grade teacher’s last name, a major city that starts with the same letter)Lewis St. Louis
12. SPY NAME: (your favorite season/holiday, flower)Spring Rose
13. CARTOON NAME: (favorite fruit, article of clothing you’re wearing right now + “ie” or “y”)Apple Jeansy
14. HIPPY NAME: (What you ate for breakfast, your favorite tree)Oatmeal Oak
15. YOUR ROCKSTAR TOUR NAME: (”The” + Your fave hobby/craft, fave weather element + “Tour”)The Musical Rain Tour

Okay, so not many of those made much sense. Let's try this one:

100 Things About Me:

1. I have three daughters.
2. I am the oldest of six kids.
3. I am a returned missionary (Oregon Eugene)
4. I live in Louisiana.
5. I play the piano.
6. I try to sing.
7. I hate to clean
8. I'm going to stop putting periods at the end of all these
9. I hate the humidity (hello, Louisiana!)
10. I am a college graduate who still doesn't know what she wants to do with her life
11. I was a social psychology major
12. I am a substitute teacher
13. I used to teach piano lessons
14. I have served in Primary for many years despite the fact that I'm not really a "kid" person
15. I love Broadway musicals. I've seen travelling productions of Les Miserables (three times), Phantom of the Opera, Miss Saigon, Aida, Mamma Mia (twice), Wicked, and in New York I saw the Lion King.
16. I'm a huge Elton John fan and have seen him three times in concert
17. I have 23 nieces and 15 nephews (counting Doug's family)...I'm sure more to come!
18. I want to go to Europe badly
19. I would love to live overseas for a time
20. I took violin lessons as an adult
21. I want to learn to speak French
22. I spend too much time on the computer
23. My favorite color is purple
24. I like veggies
25. I have been married for 10 years
26. I had a total of 20 roommates (not counting missionary companions) before I got married. And I like most of them!
27. I like to read
28. I love to watch movies
29. I would prefer an artsy vacation (museums, musicals, etc.) to a week on the beach
30. I don't like wearing a swimming suit (see #29)
31. I was on the basketball team in junior high - and was the second tallest one!!
32. I was on the drill team for about 6 months my freshman year
33. My family is awesome
34. I'm a Mormon mom, but I don't scrapbook (I know, hard to believe)
35. I love popcorn and licorice (thanks dad!)
36. It's hard to think when I have a head cold
37. Despite my mom's best efforts, I don't know how to sew
38. I was almost 27 when I got married
39. I had my first child at age 28
40. I married a musician (shocker)
41. I enjoy doing family history
42. Along with #41, that's one of the reasons I really want to go to Europe - to see where all my ancestors lived
43. I'm 1/4 Swiss
44. I have been told that in my younger days I look like Marie Osmond
45. My eyes are my best feature
46. My body (yes, all of it) is my worst feature at the moment
47. I don't enjoy exercise (see #46)
48. I do enjoy snacking (see #46)
49. I enjoy staying in touch with old friends
50. I waited for two different missionaries - one who went to Taiwan and the other who went to Chile.
51. I ended up marrying someone who served his mission in Switzerland. Bonus!
52. The fact that Doug served in Switzerland was something that brought us together (long story)
53. Doug's mom told him to ask me out. Good thing he is an obedient son!
54. I initiated our first kiss
55. I worked to put Doug through graduate school
56. My first job was cleaning house in exchange for computer lessons (computers were really new back then!)
57. I also cleaned house in exchange for piano lessons. Hmmm...maybe the reason I don't like cleaning.
58. My first flight was on a date at Rick's College. My date was a pilot and he took me up in his private plane to spot elk.
59. I am a graduate of Rick's College (no BYU-I for me!)
60. I am a graduate of BYU (Do you have to say BYU-Provo now?)
61. I was starting on my MBA when I met Doug
62. I used to work for a John Deere tractor dealer
63. My favorite movie is "Life is Beautiful"
64. This is hard
65. My favorite food is Indian (Bombay House, yum!)
66. My best job ever was working for a steel fabricator. I left it to serve my mission.
67. I didn't go on my mission until I was almost 22.
68. I served in six towns in Oregon on my mission
69. I only had a couple of crazy companions
70. My first kiss after my mission was with my first district leader. Oops. Yes it was AFTER the mission.
71. My first kiss ever was horrid. My mom can even tell you I was disgusted and scrubbed my mouth and face forever to get rid of it.
72. Unfortunately, #71 did not stop me from kissing more frogs before I found my prince
73. I like to blog
74. I enjoy meeting new people
75. I don't mind speaking in church
76. I am a leader
77. I am more than 2/3 done!
78. I am 37 years old
79. My husband is two years younger than me
80. I worked for Sears as a trainer/manager for several years
81. I used to write the training materials for Sears as well
82. I have been a customer service representative in two different call centers
83. In one of those call centers, I took an order from an ex-love and got through the whole call without breaking down or letting him know who I was
84. A guy shot himself in the chest in the John Deere dealership when I was working
85. I enjoy playing board games with my family and friends
86. I like to entertain friends and family
87. I love visiting local attractions in Louisiana or wherever we may be at the moment
88. I volunteer with LDS Family Services
89. I am a room mom
90. I'm not animal person
91. I am an election commissioner
92. I am always saying that I am going to get better organized
93. I like my in-laws
94. I think I've dated at least 100 different guys
95. (Lots of blind date years there in between ages 23-26)
96. My best friends were always boys until I got married, then I made more female friends
97. I like to learn
98. I like teenagers (truly, I think they are fun to watch)
99. If my head wasn't pounding before, it is now!
100. I'm done!!

4 comments:

Cami said...

Yeah Angie, good job. I learned some new things about you, that was fun.

Dancersmama said...

LOL! These were fun to read!! I share the same addiction to computers!! lol

Mama D said...

It was fun to get to know you better. #98 - Have you ever served in YW? It is lots of fun, despite the drama. Hope you are all feeling better soon!

Angie said...

Thanks mama d - I checked out your blog also. Fun family!

Yes, I have taught in YW but it was when I was first married and I haven't had a YW since - 10 years now! I do substitute teach in the high schools though and I really enjoy it.