Wednesday, February 13, 2008

LOVE TAG

What is your husband’s name? Doug
How long have you been together? 10 1/2 years
How long did you date? About 5 1/2 months from official first date to wedding day, but we were friends for awhile before we dated, so I've known him for over 11 years.
Who eats more? I eat more often, Doug eats more quantity.
Who said I love you first? This is really bad, but I honestly can't remember. I think it was him.
Who is taller? Doug by a long shot.
Who has more speeding tickets? Hmmm...I think we're equal (both have had two)
Who is smarter? We're pretty equal, but Doug "out-educates" me (he has a Master's degree and I have a Bachelor's). We have different strengths, but we both suck at math.
Who is more sensitive? I would say Doug is, in general.
Who does the laundry? I sort, wash, and fold, but Doug usually puts it away. I hate hanging up clothes! Doug usually irons his own shirts unless I'm feeling incredibly ambitious.
Who does the dishes? Usually me since he's gone a lot. But he'll definitely help if he's home.
Who sleeps on the right? Me
Who pays the bills? Me
Who mows the lawn? Doug, although I'll occasionally do it if he's been really busy at work. If I do it, I don't do all the trimming and edging that he does, though.
Who cooks dinner? Usually me because I'm the one who is home, but Doug is the better cook, especially of baked goods (cakes, pies, etc.). On weekends we both help out.
Who drives when you are together? Usually me because we almost always take "my" car (his car is on it's last leg) and we don't like to keep adjusting the mirrors and seats (remember the heighth difference!)
Who is more stubborn? Me
Who kissed whom first? Oh my, that was almost the end of Doug and Angie! Holy drama! We had dated for a long time - in fact, we'd already met each other's parents and were "casually" talking about being married someday, and yet he'd never kissed me. He went up to my parent's cabin with me one weekend, and I thought all the way up there, "If it isn't this weekend, then there is something wrong with this relationship and we need to break up". So we were out in the trees sitting on a blanket (little picnic lunch) and I kept sending all the signals (batting my eyes, scooting closer, you know the drill) and still he would do nothing! So I really started to get upset about it, and I said, "Well, I guess we'd better get back!". So I jumped up and folded up the quilt and grabbed our stuff and starting walking away. I'd gone about twenty feet when he grabbed my arm and said, "Wait a minute" and I'm like, "What??" and he said, "I really wanted that to be our first kiss but I'm so nervous". So since I had so much more experience than he did (wink, wink), I laid one on him. So the short answer to that question is that I kissed him first but he asked me to! I think we got engaged about a week later.
Who asked who out first? Doug did, although his mom told him to (another long story). Actually, we kind of just did a lot of flirting and stuff first, but officially he asked me out and paid for our first real date.
Who proposed? That's debatable. Okay, another long story. We had talked about getting married, and had even sort of talked about dates. One of the dates we had chosen we knew would kind of be a busy day because it was on a Saturday during BYU Christmas break. I was at the temple doing a session, and as I left I just "happened" (lol) to ask if they had any time slots open that day. The lady told me they had an early morning one (I want to say 7:00 a.m) or an early afternoon left (was it 1:00??). I signed us up for the afternoon one "just in case we decided to do it and I didn't want anyone taking that spot. Afterwards, I went to Doug's apartment and told him what I'd done...and of course that I could undo it and all that, and he said, "Did we just get engaged?". Gosh, we're so romantic!! A few days later he did actually make a nice dinner for me and got down on his knee to propose and give me my ring. He also called my dad first which was sweet.
Who has more siblings? We are totally equal! I am the oldest of 6 (1 sister and 4 brothers) and Doug is in the middle of 6 (2 brothers and 3 sisters)

Okay ladies, now it's your turn! I tag Kimberlee, Amy, and Ann

2 comments:

Dancersmama said...

Ang--can you believe it? I responded to this love tag, in honor of Valentine's day!! Plus it was an easy to answer, without thinking too much, survey!

Dancersmama said...

BTW, it was fun to hear about yours and Doug's love-life! Cute!