Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Goodbye Summer?

I cannot believe the summer is almost over and I have not blogged in almost 3 months. Here are a few upates of our summer, and soon I will update with some pics. Hopefully I will get better at this once I am settled into new schedules and such (yeah, like my schedule will get LOTS easier once school is in, haha.)

Updates:
-I went with the youth from our stake to youth conference in Kirtland at the end of June. It was absolutely wonderful, even better than I expected.

-Girl's camp this year was hot and crazy. Emphasis on crazy. It was supposedly the hottest 5-day stretch in like 25 years or something...with no A/C. It got to people's heads, and that's all I can say other than I am still processing things and hopeful that I can get over it in time for camp next year. :-) I think the girls had fun though. I hope so.

-Finally, with girl's camp behind us, we were free to party. Of course, by this time summer was more than half over! On the way there, we stopped in Nauvoo, Independence, and Martin's Cove - it was great to see all of those places, as we had never done that before. Next time, we vote for flying directly to Utah, though! The drive there wasn't so bad because we broke it up into several days. The drive home, kind of tortuous. Let's see, how do I sum up our trip? In 20 words or less: Bear Lake, plays, horseback riding, baptism, family, friends, work, fun, adoption conference...it was a whole lot of ups and downs. I will have to post about each of these things when I put up the pics.

-I have been stewing on several big decisions and which direction to take my life. Weird to feel at a crossroads at this age, but I do, in several ways. More on that if and when decisions are ever made. That's your teaser. :-)

Pics to come soon!

2 comments:

Mama D said...

You went to Nauvoo and didn't let me know?? We are less than an hour away... and actually in the Nauvoo Stake. If you ever decide to drive to UT again and go that direction, please let me know! :)

I'm glad you're blogging again. I've missed hearing from you.

Angie said...

This is so funny...I had no idea you were that close to Nauvoo, but we were driving from there to Independence and came upon this exit that said "____, ____" and I said to my husband, "oh my goodness, I think this is where MamaD lives!" (I remember because we have the same town name!) Then I told him I wasn't sure but that if I saw the college name I would know for sure it was you - and pretty soon there it was! We were in a super time crunch and didn't want to just drop in, but yes I drove right by your exit. :-)