Jimmy Kimmel decided that today should be National Unfriend Day. You are supposed to unfriend people on facebook who really aren't your friends.
Just for fun, I went through my list of friends, and honestly could only think of a few who are merely acquaintances and not "friends". Not worth unfriending them (and possibly hurting feelings?) over. Here is my friend distribution, and why they are my friends:
I have 600 facebook friends, of these (in chronological order):
59, or almost 10% are from Driggs, Idaho. This was my favorite place ever to live and those friends are my true friends (junior high era!)
211, or 35% are from Roosevelt, Utah, where I went to high school. It was not my favorite place, but I still met some great people there.
10, or almost 2%, are from college. This is probably reflective of the fact that I only had roommates my Freshman year. After that, I lived with my grandma and didn't get out much. :)
29, or almost 5%, are from my mission. Either companions, Elders, or people I taught.
9, less than 2%, were coworkers from the time I worked for Sears (like 7 years....)
47, or almost 8%, are from my old ward in Utah.
76, or almost 13%, are from Louisiana. Either from my ward or people I knew in the community.
86, or 14%, are from my current area.
No way to put these people in chronological, but the rest of my friends are:
48, or 8%, are my dad's side of the family.
15, or 2.5%, are my mom's side of the family.
30, or 5%, are people from my husband's family.
15, or 2.5%, are ladies from Mormon Momma. This is a blog that isn't running much anymore, but in it's heyday there were several of us who became good friends through this forum, and I wrote there for awhile. Several of these ladies I've even met in real life. They are great people.
5, or than 1%, are ladies I met through the Susan Powell case. Here again, these are ladies that I spent a lot of time talking to before adding them as friends on facebook. They are also great people, dedicated to helping those who are victims of domestic violence.
In a nutshell, of my facebook friends, I know 580 of them in real life. Twenty are my internet friends. I love them all.
Or, I love a lot of them and am acquainted with the others. :)
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment