
IN PROCESS: (Before I realized we should make the den a dining room - this gives a great view of the light fixture I hated!)
This is a good place for a sad little confessional....something that I have felt bad about for quite awhile. It still makes me mad to even think about it, but here it goes:My mother-in-law gave me some sheers for my living room. They were really pretty and had a beautiful lace panel in them.
I had left Daisy a time or two for a few minutes, so one day when I went to the grocery store I thought she might be okay alone. When I came home from shopping, I saw this:

Not only had she ripped the sheers to shreds, but she had also ruined the blinds and bent the rod. We figure she must have heard the mailman or someone else at the door, and run to the window, getting her legs caught in the lace and ripping everything to shreds in the process. This was the beginning of the end of the "honeymoon" with the dog. I will not own a dog again. Seriously, they are way worse than kids as far as ruining things.
So, now we have the bent curtain rod and no sheers. If you didn't know to look for it you probably wouldn't notice, but it still makes me mad! Sorry LaRene.
Here are pics from today:



-Painted both rooms
-New light fixtures in living room
-New curtains/drapes in both rooms
Project list for these rooms:
-Paint the celings
-Crown moulding ($)
-Wood floors ($)
-Fix the curtain rod or get new one
-Get rid of those awful glass blocks. What we would really like to do is put in French doors right there and make the room beyond there an office. ($)




1 comment:
nice job angie. A big improvement
Post a Comment