Saturday, June 19, 2010

5th Grade Honors

Wow, can it really be time for Sis to move to "real" middle school? (For those who don't know, she was in middle school for a year in Louisiana, where middle school was 4-6 grade). Sis had a great year and received several awards at the honors program - most of which I can't remember. One I was proud of was the Presidential Gold Award for maintaining an A- or better average for all of 4th and 5th grade. She's a great student and a great kid too. Couldn't ask for a better eldest child! Here she is with her teacher, getting her individual recognition for finishing 5th grade. She said that Ms. Koch was her favorite teacher ever. I liked her too, although Sis has always had great teachers (except 3rd grade which we'll just forget!)
After the ceremony (yes, we picked the prettiest place in the school to take the pic...NOT)

After the ceremony with Ms. Koch again. Hopefully we'll have her again for Lou or Pippy. She's a great teacher!
Movin' on to middle school! I know she'll do great.

No comments: