Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter/Conference Weekend

I LOVE this weekend. Not only is Easter the best holiday, but it was conference weekend too! Good times. It started with Pippy coming downstairs yesterday morning to announce that she was ready for conference!!! Gotta love that fashion sense (she gets it from her dad.)

I have to admit: It is very hard for me to sit for 8 hours and watch conference. So, on Saturday I always have a project or two I can be working on while I watch/listen to conference. Yesterday, we accomplished the following before/during/after conference:

1. Removed the platform our old washer and dryer had been on, since our new ones don't fit on it. It is going to make a great stage for the girls now. They put the platform in the play room and we put our fantastic new washer and dryer in their proper places!
2. Finished painting our bedroom. Looks great.
3. Removed blinds from the dining room, hung a curtain rod in its place, and hung new curtains!
4. Painted the hallway upstairs, finally. I still need to do the trim up there, but we are almost done with the painting in this entire house. A few more little jobs left.
5. Cooking, baking, dyeing eggs, etc. While Dee was at priesthood session we made cupcakes and dyed our eggs for Easter.

Today, on Easter Sunday, we started by finding the baskets the Easter Bunny had hidden. Normally, the Easter Bunny visits us on Saturday instead of Sunday, but he (she?) was just not on the ball enough this year. Back to Saturdays next year.

After the baskets were found, we had a delicious brunch with cinnamon rolls, breakfast casserole, and fresh strawberries.

We enjoyed all sessions of conference. It seems like there was a real focus this time on teaching and preparing our youth, as parents and as leaders. Great messages.

After the last session, the girls delivered some of the cupcakes to some of our neighbor families to wish them a happy Easter:
When they got home, I had dinner all ready - spiral cut ham, Gruyere potatoes, rainbow jello, rolls, veggies. And of course, cupcakes with little bird's nests for dessert!

All in all, a fantastic weekend where we got a lot done AND were spiritually and physically fed. We are so blessed. Looking forward to another week of spring break, including a little getaway!

1 comment:

Stacie said...

Wow, I am impressed that your Conference weekend was so productive! Way to go!