Friday, March 5, 2010

Things on my mind

I have not had much time for blogging lately, but here are a few things on my mind:

1. My husband was in Haiti for 3 weeks helping out. I didn't post it on my blog because I didn't want to announce to the world that he was gone, but he's home now and had a great experience. Hopefully he'll blog about it, but if not, friend him on facebook and you can check out his pictures.

2. While he was gone, I finally started painting our bedroom - I was delaying that one because I couldn't decide on a color. In the end, I went for the same neutral I've used in most of the rest of the house. Boring, but workable. I didn't finish it though, because I'm too short even at the highest point of our ladder, to reach the top of the vaulted ceiling. And there was one piece of furniture that was too heavy to move. Now that he's home - I'm putting him to work to get this finished!

3. The weather the last few days has been beautiful! Still cold, but mostly blue skies and warmer than it's been. It makes me feel like spring might really happen!

4. Missing wallet. Still. I am 99% sure it has not been stolen, but is in some weird place. I have looked everywhere I can think. So far I'm not replacing anything, I've gotten by for a month, why not another week or so? Then I really do need to replace my driver's license at least.

5. I started a little job this week. I'm working only 8 hours a week, helping a lady in my ward who has MS. I'm doing some cooking and cleaning, running errands - stuff like that. It has been awesome so far, she is a really sweet person and the work is easy and pays well. It's a great very-part-time job for me. It will earn enough to pay a bill, which will be nice. And hopefully soon I'll actually finish this transcription mess and can do that part-time as well. That's me - queen of the multiple part-time jobs! (In Louisiana, it was substitute teaching, election commissioner, and census work. In Utah, piano teacher. Whatever I can do to get by, in other words!)

6. Finally, on a light and stupid note. My latest pet peeve? I have noticed that the station I most frequently watch here starts almost every newscast with "Breaking News". It's annoying me. To me, breaking news means you are breaking into another program or is a major, major story. The first tiime you report a news story, it is not "Breaking news". It is just NEWS. That's the very definition of NEWS, no? Ugh. The things I worry about, lol.

2 comments:

Stacie said...

Thanks for your post, Angie! I've been wondering where you were.... I also had forgotten that Doug might go to Haiti, so I was really curious where he was too! Glad to know he is back and can start his "honey do" list. :o)

I totally agree with your comment about the news! I think I watch the same station, and yes, it drives me crazy too. The other thing that drives me crazy about that station? One of their main newscasters (Carmen Harlan) really needs some more (or new) help in the fashion and hair department. Seriously, don't these people get help? And to be one of the main newscasters? Now that will give you a new pet peeve.... :o)

Mama D said...

I'm glad you posted again. I've missed you and your insights.

What a wonderful time Doug must have had in Haiti. And it's awesome that you are helping someone with MS. I believe that would be very rewarding on an emotional and interpersonal level.

I think most pet peeves are about little things that just annoy us to a big degree! At least mine are... :)