Friday, February 26, 2010

Can You Hear Me Now?

E had tubes put in on Tuesday. We've been there and done that with her, this is the 4th time. She knows the routine by now!

We have been told that her tubes run more "uphill" than "downhill" and thus they do not drain at all without tubes in. When no tubes - she can't hear. When tubes - she is great. We love tubes, and the doc says she'll probably have one set after another her whole life.

I did this one on my own, and of course it was the one that got a little scary. For some reason, she had a harder time waking up than normal and made her mom nervous! I sat there and watched parents who had come to the waiting room after me leave before me, it was the longest recovery period we've had so far (it was over an hour before they let me back there with her, and even then she wasn't really waking up yet). But she finally worked it out and woke up, and now she's doing great!

Since D is gone, we had one of our friends from the ward give her a blessing. That helped us to feel a lot more calm about things. We are glad this is behind us!

2 comments:

Mama D said...

I'm glad you all made it through this! The recovery room can be a bit daunting - and it's such a relief when your child wakes up after surgery!

grammy said...

I Just Love That Face...That is all I have to say....Surprise!