Sunday, March 7, 2010

No Spring Chicken

D's Birthday!!! This day ended up being a kind of comedy of errors. First of all, I went to make his favorite chocolate cake, and it turns out we had no cocoa. And, it's Sunday - no shopping. Thus, no chocolate cake. I made a yellow cake recipe from a church cookbook and it didn't turn out so well, very heavy and kind of tasteless. Dinner got messed up as well when I realized the ham I thought I had frozen had been in the back of the refrigerator and had expired and was growing fun white stuff on it. So, backup plan - chili. Nothing really went as planned, but it was fun anyway. Oh...and of course, no forethought about the candles - thus we improvised. Get it? The girls came up with the design - it is supposed to look tie-dyed. It kind of did.
Make a wish!
Yesterday, D and I went out to celebrate his birthday. We saw "The Blind Side" finally (excellent) and went out for Indian food which I found delicious and D thought was too spicy. He came home and made a sandwich.
He might not be in love with his gift, but I am!! I got Michael Buble tickets for us - kind of a combined anniversary and birthday gift. Eleventh row. It's in a few weeks, and you are jealous.

1 comment:

Mama D said...

Well, since D can't be 73, he must be 37. :) (Though the first pic showed the 7 backwards and I can't figure out what number a backwards 7 would be...)

I'd like to see The Blind Side; still haven't. Thanks for the recommendation.

And yes, I am jealous of the concert. If D doesn't want to go, I will go with you!