Oh, by the way, I found the cocoa. It was in A's room. Why didn't I think to look there? :-)
So, I feel like everything I am trying to do lately is just not....quite...right. I'll get a grand idea and get started on it and then get mid-way and come up against a brick wall. It's okay, I'm still smiling about it. These are little things, nothing earth shattering. Just dumb.
Besides the wonderful chocolate birthday cake that didn't work out because the cocoa was in "someone's" bedroom instead of the pantry, we have these items:
-I started painting our bedroom while D was in Haiti. I wanted to have it done for when he got back. But I didn't realize that even with the ladder I could not reach the top of the vaulted ceiling, and that there is one piece of furniture that is much too heavy for me to move alone. Since I didn't really want to call for help it's still sitting there half done. We are going to finish it this weekend, right D? And I'm also going to finally tackle that upstairs hall.
-I ordered my new washer and dryer! But when they came to deliver the guy was like, 'Um, you have a gas dryer'....how had I ordered electric??? LOL. I even remember when I was ordering it that I made a mental note to check on that - and of course my mental notes get recycled quite frequently!! So, we had to reorder, and by this time the earliest delivery date is March 31. So, a month later than originally thought, I THINK I will really get my new W/D. Hopefully the right ones this time. Good thing I was replacing "working" (I use that term lightly) appliances. I can still do laundry in the meantime!
-Now, this one does have me slightly bugged. I have had our taxes mostly done for well over a month. I'm an early tax preparer - not that we get a huge refund because I try to come in as close to "even" as possible, but just because I like to get it done. The problem this year is that I am still waiting on a W2 from one of my 3 employers last year. I have called them 3 times to try to get a new one sent. I have called to get their EIN hoping that I could get it electronically on turbo tax with that. No such luck! I called again last week and the guy said he has taken a couple of hundred phone calls from angry people who have not received their W2s and he doesn't know why the hold up from the central office. I'm getting sorta frustrated with it. I'd like to get it done...and at some point it is going to be the deadline, and I wonder - "Am I still going to be waiting?" So, here is the kicker: The employer I'm waiting on?? THE US CENSUS BUREAU. Yep, they've got the time to send me a LETTER to say I'll be getting my census soon (DUH!) and my census arrived right on time....and yet my W2 from when I was employed with them last spring? Nowhere to be found. Priceless.
On happy notes:
-We are seeing Michael Buble this week! Cannot wait!
-D & M are seeing Taylor Swift this week! M cannot wait! D can (he is especially excited about Kelly Pickler opening!)
-I got my wall vinyls up (will post pics soon)
-We booked a little 2 night, 3 day vacation during spring break. A night in Niagara Falls, and a night in Toronto. It's not a huge trip but it will be a nice little getaway.
-I will have an 11-year-old this week. Unbelievable!
-I know I have been saying this forever, but I am really, really, super close to finishing my class. I have like 33 pages left (out of a couple thousand), and then my final. I will be so glad to have this DONE.
-We have the coolest produce market here. Every time I am in there I see things I have never tried and have thought "I should try that!" So...a new feature to my blog: Every time I go, I'm going to pick up something I've never tried before. I'll take pics of it and post a bit about it, and tell you if we like it or not. This should be a fun way to try new things. The kids are thrilled about trying new VEGETABLES and FRUITS and wondering why their can't be a cool candy store nearby instead (actually, I've heard that there is...but DO NOT tell the kids that!)
Monday, March 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Isn't Randazzo's the best? Except when you want something simple like carrots or celery, and they just don't have it that day. What?!
Okay, the story about the Census Bureau is pretty crazy. I hope you get your form soon!
Let me know how Michael Buble is. I am jealous. :o)
Post a Comment