Monday, December 21, 2009

Dr. Doogie

I must be getting old, because I swear the doctor who saw E today was 15 years old. He's a second year resident though, so I guess he must be in his late 20's, but gee he just looked like a little babe.

He did a very thorough job though, and seemed very competent. We were there to get an ENT referral so E can get a new set of tubes in. Her ears bother her constantly if she doesn't have tubes in. Dr. Doogie confirmed that her tubes are no longer in place, and we got our referral to see the ENT in a few weeks. Yay, the ball is rolling. E also had the pleasure of getting the H1N1 vaccine mist. She said it felt cool.

We finally did a singing night tonight. Most years, we do at least 4 of these, but scheduling has been so hard this year for some reason. Tonight we invited several neighbor families over and it was fun to get to know them better. Tomorrow night we have the "visiting teaching" group - people I visit teach and my companion. That should be a fun group as well. I wish I would have done more singing nights, but then again I eat way too much sugar when I have them so I guess it's good to only have 2 this year.

I think I'm 100% ready for Christmas. And yet, I still have that feeling that I'm missing something. Anyone else ever have that feeling, even when you've gone over your list over and over?

By the way, I did not send out cards this year. Or do neighbor gifts. If you are my neighbor or friend and were expecting something along these lines, I apologize. I will have to write an update to our Christmas blog, and I'll link it here when I do so. It's not that I'm not thinking of all of you, I just ran out of energy and money before I ran out of people I should contact at Christmas. It will have to be one of my resolutions for 2010 to do better at Christmas next year!

2 comments:

Mama D said...

Wow, just when I get super busy, you've had time to blog a lot! I just caught up on your posts from the last week or so. I think I'd only read one of them. :)

Glad that your family is doing well and having so much fun! Have a wonderful Christmas!

TyRee said...

Angie,

I just wanted to wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas in your blog comments since I cannot find a current email or physical address for sending holiday greetings. Enjoy your evening of music.

TyRee