Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Our last project...for awhile

I think we've just about finished everything we can right now, at least by way of big projects. We've decided that it just isn't worth doing the kitchen right now if we can't afford to pay cash for it, and we can't, so it will wait. It's ugly and (literally) the cupboards stink, but we'll live with it for another year or so and pay for it up front. Same with the front door. So....

Here is the before of the entry way with the old chandelier:And here is the new one. Such an improvement: My mother-in-law also let us use some French lace curtains that she bought in Europe when they picked Doug up from his mission:She also sent a set of curtains for the living room, which I'll use as a sheer behind the new drapes I bought. Once we get those up I'll post pics. Then, I guess my home improvements are done for awhile, other than what I can do for very cheap or free. Back to unpacking those last 20 boxes (the hard ones that I don't know what to do with!)

3 comments:

Kristen said...

You should have posted the true before. Before the paint and all and then the new chandlier, so we can truly appreciate all your hard work! Looks good!

Jennifer said...

I love the chandlier! It's so beautiful

grammy said...

Angie,

I love how the Swiss Lace looks. Doug was afraid they were not wide enough, but I think they look good!
Love the new light, it has to give out alot more light. good job you guys!