Saturday, August 29, 2009

Saturday at the lake

I'm a mean daughter (and a mean mom, but that's for another post). I made my dad help Doug with some projects this morning. They got the entry way light put up! I'll post those pics tomorrow. They worked hard all morning while my mom and I grocery shopped, and finally we ate lunch around 1:30 and started to decide what we wanted to do with our day.
We had originally thought of going to Michigan's west coast...but the weather has not been great, and since we spent half the day doing not-fun things, we didn't really have enough time for a long drive.
So, instead we decided to try one of the city's Metroparks. My dad wanted to be close to water and we also wanted to see Detroit (Doug is the only one who has actually been in the city), so we decided on the Metro Beach Metropark. I know nothing about any of these other parks, but we thought this was quite fun. We drove through the big D on the way. Sad place. I thought New Orleans was bad post-Katrina, but some of what we saw did not look any better than that.
It was a windy day, but not very cold...so the girls spent some time in the water at Lake St. Clair and at the splash pad:





Doug and I went on a walk down the peninsula there, and when we came back I snapped this photo. I didn't dare get one any closer because if my mom sees me with a camera she will destroy it.
Hope she doesn't read my blog, because I got one of her miniature golfing! I think she looks good, or I wouldn't have posted it.

Here is my dad golfing, with Morgan and Elise apparently moving on without him! We were on two teams: Grandpa, Morgan, and Elise; and Ashlyn, me & Doug, and grandma. Morgan, Grandpa and I all tied for first. Morgan and I were very proud of that because my dad is a good "real" golfer. Morgan got a hole in one! (So did Ashlyn actually, but that had to be a fluke, right?) We actually had a lot of fun. I have not been golfing miniature or otherwise in years, so this was great.
Ashlyn was much more into her golf fashion and the picturesque surroundings than she was the game...

Another fun Michigan day! We came home and ordered pizza, gave the kids baths for church tomorrow, and are now officially turning in! It's been a fun weekend.

2 comments:

Mama D said...

Sounds like a great day! I'm glad you are enjoying your parents' visit.

Tonia Z said...

What a fun day, and what a GREAT picture with your parents and kids on the beach. That's a keeper!!