Anyway, it was fun to sit there and listen to the kids play house. There were my three plus a neighbor friend. A wedding was involved. J (neighbor friend) provided the music (dun dun dun dun...dun dun dun dun! dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun!....I'm sure you know the tune) while A walked down the aisle (hallway) with her groom (the tripod from the white board). E was the officiator. M was the audience.
"Susie (A's character) do you take Ryan to be your life?"
"I will"
"Do you promise to take good care of your children?"
"Yes I always do"
"Do you promise to take care of each other even in really hard times"
"Of course"
Dun dun dun dun! Dun dun dun dun!....
And then I had to get the camera to take wedding photos:

I love the choice of wedding attire - her t-shirt she made camping in Utah and a red and white striped skirt.As you can see, there is also a pre-marital baby involved, but we won't talk about that.
Before the wedding, J asked A if she was nervous. Her reply? "No, I'm totally FREAKED OUT!"
I also loved the breakfast shake she made for the baby before the wedding (the bathroom was her kitchen...thus the interesting ingredients: orange juice, toothpaste, deodorant, and water. Mmmm!
This girl has had quite the imagination lately. A little too much, in fact. Last week, a friend from church invited her to come play. When her friend's mom brought A home, she said, "I learned all kinds of things about your family from A". Uh oh. Like what?
Like that we have another baby named Addie who is two (Amy, where do you think she might have gotten this idea??) and that we don't bring her to church with us because she likes to sleep in the attic while we are gone. Also something about how we both almost died when she was born (kind of true) but with the added embellishments that I was in one room bleeding and could not get into the other room, so they had to call 911 to deliver her at home. Um, nope...we made it to the hospital in plenty of time - like a month before!
I'm glad she survived her incredibly traumatic birth to give me these smiles.
We did have a big family home evening lesson this week about the difference between imagination and a lie. Imagination about marrying your tripod is great. Lying about your mom have a child she locks in the attic is not so great.
In other news, I'm glad my house has become the "pit" house for the neighborhood kids...but truly shocked that parents are not checking up. There are two little girls (from different families) who have practically moved in. They have been here pretty much from sun-up to sun-down most days, including eating us out of house and home. I have met both moms briefly (like shaking hands and knowing their first names), but after our initial meeting the kids have been here almost constantly and I've never had a mom come over again, or give a time I should send a kid home, or even making sure they got here okay. I really don't mind them being here, it entertains my kids while I get a lot of work done. But I'm thinking I would not send my 7 year old little girl around the block alone to stay at someone's house I barely know for pretty much all their waking hours. They don't even know my last name or phone number, for heaven's sake! Am I just being a paranoid mom? I would not do this. But they are very cute little girls and have been very well behaved. Luckily *I* know that I'm a good person and that their kids are in a safe place....but I'm not sure *they* know that or even seem to care. Sad.
And dh's big boss is in town for a few days. He took us out to dinner last night to explain to the wives the strategic changes that are occurring in the organization. Doug invited him to our house for lunch on Sunday before they meet with the stake president and other members of the board. My girls are totally enamored that this is someone who knows and works with the First Presidency, who is going to be in OUR HOUSE! I'm just thinking, "Yikes, better have things in some semblance of order by Sunday."
BTW, found a GREAT babysitter who lives nearby, had fun with the kids, and even cleaned up the house. She's definitely a re-hire.



2 comments:
So am I then, the baby snatcher, because Addie is here with us? She's doing quite well and has grown accustomed to our letting her out of the attic on occasion. Jacob will be crushed if he learns of Ashlyn's two timing ways. Who's baby is it anyway, Jacob's or sexy easel man?
Didn't you know that the government has started a new program? It's called, "The Leave Your Child Behind Act". Parenting is overrated anyway and the new policy states that "Perfect strangers and government entities/employees are much more capable of deciding everything about your child. Please feel free to leave them anywhere you want with no knowledge of their safety or whereabouts at all times. They will naturally gravitate towards one of our pre-selected sites and you can have little or nothing to do with them ever again. It may bode well for you to provide them a screen to watch/play and a meal of some marginal nutritional value when they return, as they will bother you less." Are you not aware that you are a government agent for this program and your home a site for the same? Shameful really, just shameful.
You did not need to make me jealous with the babysitter comment - that was just plain mean!
And for all those that don't know me I am a wiz with sarcasm and can be quite witty when I want to be. I get a kick out of myself sometimes anyway. Angie is probably peeing her pants as you judge my rudeness.
And that's a wrap folks.
Oh, the kids hanging out sounds very familiar. But I can't mention which kids used to live at my house because you know them. At least the 7 year old isn't dragging the 2 year old sibling along! They were actually 4 and 2, the next year 5 and 3, the next year 6 and 4 and 2 (yes we got the 3rd child along once they were "old enough"!) They would show up around 9 or 10 AM and I would push them out the door around 5 or 6 at night (sometimes later). No phone calls checking on them all day. I would feed them meals, snacks, etc. But I allowed it because it did keep my kids entertained and they always had someone to play with. I did start getting a little mean when the youngest one would cry about something, I'd just say "Well guess you better go home so your mom can take care of you!"
At least in my situation the mom knew me and my phone # and that I am a good person. I just wondered what she did all day?!?!?
Post a Comment