Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Change of Plans?

I'm up at 4:00 this morning, because Ashlyn woke me up (bad dream) and when I went back to bed my mind could not stop thinking about things. Turn off, brain! (at least temporarily!). Now I'd love to go back to bed, but it's almost 7:00 and people are going to start getting up now so I'm up for the day. Ugh. On my mind:

1. Trying to prepare my church talk for Sunday. Another ugh. It's based on a conference talk from Oct. 2008, and I'm having a really hard time getting into the topic. Maybe I'll just make up my own stuff. What are they going to do, kick me out? :-)
2. Hoping I have all the money I need in my account for next week's closings and that I haven't waited too long to shift things around.
3. Thinking that going to Utah with just me and the girls at the beginning of July is kind of silly. Really, it's just for the Stadium of Fire. There will be other chances for my JB fan to see her favorite boys, right? The extra cost, the hassle of people getting us to/from airports multiple times in multiple cities....I'm just thinking - why? Keeping in mind also, this is an outdoor concert. It could easily rain and then we've all flown to Utah for nada. Why not just have a more calm move, get settled for a few weeks before we try to leave again, and then come out together on the 16th like we'd planned? We'll still get our two weeks with our families, and we'll have a couple of hundred extra bucks to do something fun to our new house. Paint? Fixtures? Plant a tree?
4. Making mental (and eventually, writing it out) to-do lists for the next few days. Lots to do. Crunch time.

Can I go back to bed now? (No, the fam will be getting up any minute and then it's go-time!)

1 comment:

Mama D said...

I am a list-maker, as well. Tackle one thing at a time. And don't forget to breathe!!