How does the saying go? "Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most."
Yeah, I've arrived at that point.
Several years ago, I lost my wedding ring. I knew I had left it on the nightstand but it was nowhere to be found. One of my kids was at the "throw everything in the garbage" stage, so I figured it must have been thrown in there and I'd never see it again. Doug even bought me a new ring (although cheaper) to replace it. A few years went by.
Then, we got a new bed, and when we were taking the old frame down, we found my ring sandwiched in between a little space in there between the metal part and wood part.
So, now I'm currently missing: an i-pod shuffle, a library book, a pair of pants, and a pair of shoes. How do you lose these things? I mean, it's not like they are tiny (especially the pants lol!). Here are my last sightings, tell me if you have any grand ideas. Otherwise, here's hoping they'll turn up when we move.
Shuffle: it was in my pink sub bag the last I saw it. Stolen on a sub day? I doubt it, I watch my stuff really closely. Plus, all the kids nowdays have the fancy stuff, what would they want with a little shuffle? Still, I want it back!
Library book: Okay, this one just irks me because I'm wracking up the fines on it and I hardly even started the dang book!! It's called, "Protecting the Gift" and it's about using the 'gift of fear' (remember that book?) to protect children. I remember taking it with me, again on a sub day. I swear I put it back in my bag, but that's really the last I remember seeing it. I have a vague recollection of trying to read it while at gymnastics with the kids one day, but I can't remember if that was before or after the sub job. At any rate, I emailed the teacher and she said it's nowhere around, and called the gym and they said no as well. I really thought it was in my car, but I've cleaned it out like three times and it is not there!! I had a glimmer of hope a few days ago when we were cleaning out the garage and I found a bag with stuff that I had taken out of the car (toys, shoes, kid books, etc.) and I'm like, "oh I bet it's in there!!". Nope.
Pants: Okay, this is baffling. Seriously, how do you lose a pair of jeans? I liked them too! My closet it spotlessly clean at the moment - they are not in there. I checked Doug's closet too to see if I got them in the wrong pile, not there either. Because of selling the house, there really isn't anything out of the place at the moment - how would I not notice my jeans if they are laying around somewhere? Ugh. I did throw a pair of old jeans away a week or so ago - I certainly would not have mixed them up and chucked them, would I?
Shoes: of all the baffling cases, this is the weirdest. Last Saturday I washed down the porch really good, and my shoes got wet. I remember clearly taking them off in the laundry room to dry. I remember clearly Doug picking them up to sweep the laundry room floor a few hours later. Not been seen since. They are my most comfortable shoes!! I've been doing census all week in flip-flops because I can't find them!! Now really, do shoes just get up and walk away? Maybe.
I really thought that as I purged this house of stuff while preparing to move, this stuff would turn up. I'm really getting frustrated as my house gets cleaner and cleaner, less and less cluttered, and still my stuff has gotten up and left!!
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Two words:
Ash.Lyn.
Lol, you are most likely right! I just cannot figure out where she would be putting these things! Really, things are pretty clean and organized right now. You would think they would pop out at me!
You just reminded me though - she used to hide things up underneath the piano. I should look there. Although it's doubtful the shoes or jeans would fit there!
This is so frustrating! Good luck finding your stuff.
Totally wasn't going to read the post because I thought it would be about the Lost season finally and we haven't watched it yet. Clothes, Ipod, shoes all missing...where have you been going? I've misplaced by wedding ring this past week. Can't tell Troy... this is my second one.
Post a Comment