Well, Doug doesn't want me to announce this until it's "official official" (appraisals are in, etc.)...but word is starting to spread so I might as well make the announcement. Doug is being transferred. If it changes and we have to stay in Louisiana, I'll let you know.
There, honey, does that disclaimer cover it?
Here are some clues about the place we are going. If you already know, you can play along!
1. The metro area we are going to is the 11th largest in the U.S. (at least until the 2010 census!)
2. We are going from heat and humidity to cold and snow.
3. This city is the only major city in the U.S. that looks south on Canada.
4. We are going to be near major bodies of water again, but hurricanes shouldn't be a threat.
5. Although it seems like it might be further, we are moving a little (5-6 hours) closer to "home". That's because we won't have to go so far north now because we'll already be north enough!
6. Both our current city and future city have French roots and influence. Our new city not so much now...but it's name is a French word and in it's early days it had a lot of French influence.
7. Yay! Four seasons again!!
Okay, now for the super easy ones:
1. Our current city (New Orleans) and our current city are both famous for music. New Orleans for jazz and this city for Motown.
2. The automobile industry has become such a major part of this city that it is often called "motor city"....thus...Motown.
Yep, that's right, we are heading to Detroit. Well, near Detroit. Doug's office is about 30 minutes from downtown, in the northwest suburbs, so we'll most likely live near there. We are excited about it. It's a great career opportunity for him as adoption supervisor in an office that does a lot of adoptions.
Pray for our house to sell, appraisals to come in good, etc. We know we are upside down on this house, but are hoping it's a manageable number and we can go ahead and proceed with our move. If we are just going to lose way too much money, we'll have to turn it down. As soon as we have our numbers in, we'll take a house-hunting trip and start finding a new home.
Thursday, April 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
I'm excited because between New Orleans and Detroit is... Cincinnati!! We will hopefully finally get to meet. :)
I knew it!!! I could tell that you were planning a move because you were fixing things up on your house. Duh, duh, duh... another one bites the dust! We (me personally and the ward) are definitely going to miss your family!
Yeah!!! I am excited for you guys and I am glad that you will be a little closer to "home" and that you will get there on your next move.
I can neiter confirm nor deny the information contained in this post. ;0)
Post a Comment