Friday, March 20, 2009

Oh, how we miss the '80's!

Wouldn't it be great to go back to the 80's? Awesome music, hair bigger than your face, and most of all, fabulous fashion!

Elise's school is turning 20 years old this year, and thus, they had a "Dress like it's the 80's" day today! Basically, dress like a kid in 1988-89 when the school opened would have dressed.

We didn't have a whole lot of stuff around, but I did remember the slouch socks, the high ponytails on the side of the head, and the bandana around the leg. I thought it was pretty cute! I tried to rat her hair, but it didn't work so well. Aw, she was a good 80's girl anyway!

6 comments:

Ann said...

I know you're a little more than ten years younger than me, but I was in my 20's through the entire 80's. And while I remember the slouch socks and the ponytail on the side, the bandanna around the leg completely escapes me. Wha?

Angie said...

Really, you don't remember the bandanas? Maybe you were too mature for the bandana by that point! We would wear 501's with the bandana around the thigh, and the legwarmers. Unfortunately, I don't have legwarmers anymore! I saw a couple of little girls yesterday with the bandanas, they looked so cute! Miss those days!

Mama D said...

Hey, I was a teen in the 80s too. But I don't remember the bandanas either. Everything else... ah, memories!

I love your background change. I noticed this one and thought about using it. Now I'm glad I didn't because it's nice to see such a variety on the blogs.

Amy said...

I was a member of the bandana club and I am a couple years younger than you, right? I think I'll start it up again. I have nothing to lose. She looked adorable!

The Mom said...

Okay Angie, so I've peeked a few times at your blog trying to figure out if your the "Angie" on MM. What a darling family!!! Your girls are angels! I found your site through Clerissas. I hope it's okay. May I add you to my list? I promise to be nice. I' wasting time right now because I'm suppose to finish preparing my talk for church tomorrow.

Angie said...

Yes Heather, that's me! I've been checking out your blog as well, and I love it! You have a lovely family and your photography is amazing!