Since the beginning of the year, I've been participating in the wellness program through our insurance company. It was frustrating at first, because when I did these same things a few years ago, I lost a lot of weight pretty quickly - and this time it has been much slower!
However, I think my metabolism is finally kicking in. I lost 5 pounds in the first month of the program (which was taking out all soda and sweet treats and exercising at least 30 minutes a day), and in the first 2 weeks of February I've lost 8 more pounds! So I'm 13 pounds down from my all-time high which was right before Christmas, and my clothes are starting to be loose (time to pull out the next lower size!).
I'm still a lot heavier than I was when I moved here, and I've still got a lot to lose (like several times what I've already lost), but I'm really glad to see that it is getting started. I'm feeling good and taking better care of myself in so many ways. Compared with a year ago, I'd say I'm a lot happier and healthier. It's a good feeling.
And may the weight keep coming OFF!
Friday, February 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Wahoo! Congrats on a great accomplishment!
I've only lost about 4-5 lbs.
Post a Comment