Sunday, February 1, 2009

January/I'm a Student Again!

I thought I'd better write with my progress on my 2009 to-do's!

I haven't started my French course yet. I should just keep that in the car to play while I drive around. Maybe if we drive to Utah this summer we'll ALL learn!

I only tried one new recipe this month, but it was a good one! Buttermilk scones. Mmmm....

I did write for Mormon Momma last month, and am started on my article for February.

I went on two dates with my husband!

I started learning (memorizing) Ashoken Farewell. It's so pretty.

For the most part, I'm staying up on my strings. However, Ashlyn quit violin a few weeks ago - she just is not ready yet. Morgan is going to start leaving me in the dust any minute, she's getting very good on viola and is back to having a one-on-one lesson which helps (but hurts me, lol, because she's progressing much faster than I am!)

I have found a physical hobby that I like - the dance video. I would still like to get back into bike riding or maybe hiking. However, no bike at the moment - and for you natives - where do you hike around here?

I did figure out what I need to do to upload video. I need a firewire card. Can't afford it at the moment, but I do know what I need!

Finally, progress towards grad school. Well, yes, I'm a student again! I started a medical transcription program. I feel that this will be a good skill to have to help me make some money while I go back for my Master's. Medical transcription isn't what I want to do forever, but it is a skill that will be useful and will help me get by while I do other things. My next step (other than getting busy on this program) is to look into grad schools and possibly taking the GRE soon. I'm really hoping to enter a program in the fall of 2010. Whether it's an on-line program or physically attending school, I'd at least like to be doing SOMETHING. I figure if I get going in 2010, I can graduate in 2012 or 2013, right as my first kid is hitting the wonderful teenage years.

So, that's my progress. I'd say nothing fantastic, but a few solid things in there, right?

3 comments:

Brianne said...

Awesome start on your goals! The only goal I made was to cook 2 meals a week and I already broke that one.

What transcription program are you doing?

Mama D said...

You are making consistent progress. That is wonderful! Congrats on being a student again. Which dance video do you use? Maybe I should do that...

Angie said...

Brianne - I ended up doing Career Step. It's the one Dorothy's doing and my sil did.

Michelle - The video I've been doing is one of the "10 minute solution" video series. It's called "Dance it Off and Tone it Up!". It has 5 different 10-minute workouts - sexy slim down, high energy something or other, and one each for arms, legs/buns, and abs. It was $9.88 at Sam's and was worth every penny! I've lost almost 10 pounds. Still a WHOLE bunch more to go, but it's a start.