Tuesday, December 2, 2008

My grandma is awesome

I'm just feeling really grateful for my grandma today. Both of my grandmas are great, but I'm especially close to one. We chatted today for almost 3 hours, about things great and things small, things important and things unimportant. She just gets me. I have been having kind of a hard time with a few things and she's one person who I feel I can talk to about anything. She's one of the few people in the world I feel that way about. Her advice is always right on, and she's non-judgmental and loves me no matter what. Sometimes I feel like we should have been sisters or best friends instead of having the roughly 50 year age difference that we do. Now, if she would just get a computer so we could stay in touch better! I do call her faithfully every week, but I really miss her.

4 comments:

Amy said...

That's awesome to have such a friend in your Grandma. Those old people sure do know their stuff! Now if they would just embrace the technology storm..

Bonnie said...

It is so wonderful to have her. Grandma is such a graceful, elegant lady and like you said, so non-judgemental. I am glad that you have such a close relationship to her.

Amy said...

Did you copy me, or did I copy you? either way we are so cool! You are the second friend of mine that has the same background. Good call :)

Mama D said...

What a blessing to have such a friend in your grandma! And what a wonderful tribute you gave her.