I needed a good meeting today, as I've been pretty frustrated with some church things lately. And I got one!
The theme today was overcoming addiction. This topic isn't one I'd normally think I needed, but there were several things that were said that really applied to me and really struck me as being important. The first speaker did a great job, then there was an adorable musical number by my fabulous husband and one of his piano students (lots of smiles all around during that one! She played "We Thank Thee O God For a Prophet" and "Called to Serve"). Then Doug was again on the program speaking about addictions. He works with people who have serious addictions in his work as a social worker, and he had some really good insights.
The bishop took a few minutes at the end, and I thought his comments were really important and timely. Things I needed to hear.
To top it all off, a senior missionary who was sitting behind us tapped me on the shoulder after the meeting and said, "I was wanting to tell you after the primary program a few weeks ago, that was the best primary program I have ever seen". Wow, what a compliment! He's probably seen about 50 in his adult life, and he thought ours was the best! Go us!
Actually, what is funny about that is that my grandma told me the same thing a few years ago when we lived in Utah. I can't remember if that year I was the president or the chorister, but at any rate she said, "that was the best primary program I have ever seen!"
Which leads me to think that older people probably just say that every year to make those of us who are slogging away in primary feel like our effort is worth it.
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I'm glad you had such a great Sunday!
Whatever the reason, the comment about "the best Primary program ever" is neat! And who knows - maybe it was the best one your grandma had seen in UT and this was the best one the senior missionary had seen in LA! :)
I think you deserve to pat yourself on the back!
Post a Comment