...and by early voting, I mean young voting.
All my kids are having mock elections between now and Tuesday. Ashlyn's was yesterday, but I found out this morning (she handed me a note that apparently was at the bottom of her bag...which I should have seen on Monday but missed). Anyway, the note said that we should discuss the candidates with our children so they would be ready to vote.
Since I missed helping her out with that, I asked her who she vote for. She said she didn't know. I said both of the names, and she said she didn't know. I asked what he looked like, and she couldn't remember. I asked what issues she cared about and shrugged her shoulders.
So then I said, "Well, one of the candidates is an older guy with white hair, and the other one is tall and thin, and he's younger than the other one and he's black."
She said, "I voted for the tall black guy. He's cute."
Unfortunately, I think that's about as much thought as a lot of people are giving to it.
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Did I ever send you the link to Obama's inner debate monologue? It was hysterical: "Your ears are sleek and beautiful. Barack Obama is a tall man; Barack Obama is a handsome man; Barack Obama's ears fit his face perfectly. I want a cigarette."
There was also riff on the business instincts of a successful t-shirt entrepreneur and how he hopes nobody find out he was hiding Ira Einhorn in his basement for a few years in the 60's.
It was awesome. Ashlyn probably just figured she really wanted a pair of Barack Ojamas and voting for Obama was the best way to get them.
Oops. Not 60's. 80's.
Post a Comment