I love conference weekend. There is just something about having church in your pajamas that is too awesome to pass up!
We woke up this morning and made our traditional "conference casserole" for breakfast, and then watched the morning session on the internet in our pj's. I really enjoyed it.
This afternoon we went to the church for the last session because Doug was supposed to be the bishopric representative there - but when we got there, the whole bishopric was there, and they were pretty much the only ones other than the missionaries!! I think everyone just watches it on the internet or satellite now. So I said, "okay, let's just go home and get back in our pj's!" but Doug was no go for that idea. I enjoyed watching it at the church though, I can concentrate a little more there.
Yesterday I worked the local elections here, so I missed Saturday sessions. I'll have to watch them over the next few days. Elections were slow - about 200 votes (not even 20%!!). So they paid the five of us workers over a thousand dollars for 200 votes. Frustrates me, as a concerned citizen, that people do not get more involved. I'm sure next month we'll have lines out the door during the presidential, and yet people won't come out to vote to raise their taxes, or elect judges, or city councilmen. Another little pet peeve of mine. But I do enjoy the $200 I get for sitting around at a table all day checking a few people in so they can exercise their rights as US citizens.
Sunday, October 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
What is your "conference casserole"?
There is nothing too special about it, other than I only make it once or twice a year during conference - because it is fattening (but yummy!) Here is the recipe:
fry 1 package of bacon
remove bacon to paper towel, drain most of grease
Brown 5 cups of hashbrowns and 1/2 cup chopped green onions in bacon grease
Add:
a dozen eggs, scrambled
1 1/2 cups cottage cheese
8 drops tabasco sauce
1 cup monterey jack cheese
1 tsp salt
Put mixture into greased cake pan and back for 15 minutes at 400, then reduce to 350 for 15 more minutes
First of all, Mmmm that casserole sounds yummy! Secondly, and most importantly, I'm ticked to hear only 20% came to vote at your precinct?!? I assume that is how it was everywhere, though. At our voting place yesterday, we were the ONLY ones there to vote! Of course, that could have been a fluke. Anyway, what is wrong with people? Of course, when our taxes are raised or when we get a crappy judge in, they are the first ones to COMPLAIN. If they aren't utilizing their PRIVILEGE to vote, then to me, they lose their right to comlain. And lastly, I love conference weekend, too, for the fact of laying around in your pj's for church!
Post a Comment