Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Quick update

Hi all, we are safe and staying in Hattiesburg, MS until tonight or tomorrow (probably tomorrow). We came to a stake center that has internet access for a minute so I could post this. I'll post about our evac experience when I get back home, but overall it is been very smooth and comfortable. Our neighbor rode out the storm and said there is very little damage in our neighborhood, no flooding, and we've maintained power almost the whole time - so I probably won't even lose any frozen food! Right now they are telling people NOT to come home yet, although here in Hattiesburg the freeways are packed heading south - people are still trying even though they say the roads are closed. At any rate, we'll be here probably overnight, or at least until later this evening, and I'll post more when I get back home. I just wanted to thank everyone for your prayers and for keeping us updated since the only news we're getting is from Mississippi and we want to hear about Louisana!
So thanks! And I'll post probably tomorrow - right now it's a long ways for us to go to use the internet.

1 comment:

Mama D said...

I am glad you are safe and that your neighborhood survived so well!

People are probably going to talk and analyze about not needing to evacuate so many people - but if they hadn't, it likely would have been Katrina-like, what with Murphy's Law and all that... :)

Hope you can return home soon and find that all is well there.