Monday, September 22, 2008

Facebook Fun

I've been won over. For so long I said I would never join myspace or facebook, but then Doug joined, and he invited me, and now I'm having a ton of fun catching up with people.

I have found friends from 4th grade on up. I have several friends from Driggs on there (I LOVE DRIGGS!...happy happy memories of that place). Then of course we have the Roosevelt era (we'll just skip that part, although I did meet some very good people there), then of course Ricks, BYU, Oregon Eugene Mission, Sears, Louisiana, etc.

And I have realized that I have known some really great people, and I should have stayed in touch with them better. Even those I wasn't very close to, it's been fun to catch up and see what they are doing. There are a couple of people from high school who I wasn't especially close to (I don't think I was really close to ANYONE in high school, really!) but they will say, "Gee, I've wondered what you were up to", and that's kind of fun. People in Rosietown remember me. Wow.

Say what you will about modern technology, I think it's really great that you can take a few minutes and catch up with so many people.

2 comments:

Dancersmama said...

yeah, i love facebook, it's fun! i saw you added me as a friend, so i accepted you tonight! Fun!!

Mama D said...

I joined when my oldest went to college, as a way of keeping in touch with my independent son! It is fun. One of my favorite parts is having some of my kids' friends say, "Your *mom* has a facebook?!?!"