Friday, September 5, 2008

Evacuation photos



Okay, found the camera! It was in a side pocket of one of the suitcases I thought I had unpacked!
These are photos of our evacuation room. Pretty comfy! You can't see Ashlyn's bed, but it was on the other side of the air bed. Notice all the stuffed animals the girls brought? I told them they could put a couple of stuffed animals in their pillowcases. Instead, they took the pillows out of the cases and then stuffed the cases full of stuff! So it looks pretty much like their beds at home!




Here are a few pictures of the play. They aren't great, as I am having a lot of trouble with my flash. It takes forever to turn the flash on so I miss the photo op, and then if I try to enlarge indoor photos they are very grainy. Ashlyn was the announcer, and she was adorable: "Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, welcome to our play!..."
The last picture is after the final bow. I didn't get a picture of it, but what they did afterwards was hilarious. They ran down the stairs into the audience, and then got a high five from everyone (as if they were being announced for a basketball lineup or something). They had a lot of fun on our evac!

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

I'm glad that it actually ended up being a pretty fun experience for the girls. It looks like you made the most of it anyway.

Cami said...

This will definitely be an experience to remember. Glad the girls had fun.

Dancersmama said...

I love how Ashlyn is so silly - I hope she never changes. I would have loved to see her being the emcee!