Friday, September 5, 2008

Catching up

Wednesday (our first day back) I did absolutely nothing. For one thing, I was tired (can't sleep very well on that air mattress!), and for another thing, the city didn't want us using a lot of water or draining washers, bathtubs, and dishwashers. Therefore, I did absolutely nothing.

Yesterday and today I've been really busy catching up. Yesterday I ran the dishwasher (twice!) and caught up on laundry. I put most of the things away from our evacuation, but left a few things ("special items") packed up in case Ike comes this way next week. So I have bare walls since I took most of our special pictures down, but I really don't feel like hanging them back up just to evacuate again.

Today we did some fun crafts, as the kids are going a little stir-crazy with no school and all of our outside toys still packed into the garage and blocked by the swingset (yes, in our garage). We went to Hobby Lobby and got letter blocks with their first initials and decorated them. They turned out really cute. Then, Morgan decided she is for sure moving into the guest room (she has changed her mind a bit on that) so I moved everything around again (seems like I do this every few months) so that the office stuff is again in our bedroom, Morgan's stuff is in her new bedroom, and Ashlyn and Elise's stuff is in their bedroom.

Now I just need to figure out where to put it all (the stuff in my room, since I moved a bunch of stuff back in there).

I need to post our evac pictures, and take pictures of their craft projects, but I cannot find my camera since we got back from Hattiesburg! I sure hope I didn't leave it up there!

No comments: