Lately it seems like there have been a lot of discouraging and/or stressful things in life. The economy, the election yucks, Gustav, etc. It's times like this I need to write down everything I'm grateful for. So, other than the obvious (family, church, country, a home, a job, cars that work, health, etc.), I am Grateful for:
1. My PTA assignments are either finished or at least well on their way. The room mom meeting today was great, and the ladies I'm working with are really sweet and committed to their kids.
2. Free piano lessons (thanks to an enormously talented husband).
3. Free strings lessons (thanks to the wonderful program that our district runs). Thanks to (yes!) the public schools here, I have free viola, cello, and violin lessons for my kids - and the most they've ever had in class is 7 (in beginning violin) Morgan has had 2 years of one on one viola!! This year she has one other little girl in class.
4. The peak of hurricane season is almost over. While the season doesn't officially end until the end of November, if we can get through September without another scare I will feel MUCH better!
5. Very little damage in the recent storms!
6. Catching up with old friends and getting to know new friends better.
7. Finding something that my kids really love (gymnastics)! It's expensive, but since I get free music lessons I feel like we can put the money towards it.
8. Babysitters! This was one of those "tender mercies". We have had the hardest time finding babysitters since we moved here. Like pretty much impossible. Completely unsolicited, yesterday I found out about three, and they are people I think I can trust! I am so excited!! Maybe Doug and I can actually have a date without the kids once in awhile again. I went to get my hair cut yesterday, and the lady who cuts my hair told me that her daughter is starting. She's a really good kid, and we know her grandparents well. Then, Morgan's friend's mom called to set up a playdate and while we were on the phone, she said out of nowhere, "I have two older daughters who babysit if you ever need them". One is 16, and the other 14. Good family. YAY!!!
9.A new haircut!
10. New shows and new seasons on tv. Dancing With the Stars is a guilty pleasure. Although I'm watching the results right now and all the wrong people are staying. Yikes! Kim Kardashian??? Really???
I'm sure there is much more, but for now it's time to run.
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Yeah for gratitude lists! I post a weekly blessing list for this very reason - it helps me remember and encourages me to have an attitude of gratitude. Your list is full of wonderful blessings!
Post a Comment