Thursday, August 7, 2008

Ready, Set, Go!

Wow, I can't believe the summer went so fast! School starts TOMORROW! We are ready, I think! I've signed the girls up for gymnastics, which they start in September. We also bought a cello for Elise and a new viola for Morgan, so they will be ready for their lessons, and new piano books. So far we know Ashlyn and Elise's teachers and we are thrilled! Ashlyn's comes highly recommended by Mrs. Herring who we adore, and Elise got the same teacher Morgan had for 2nd grade, and we love her!! This afternoon they will post Morgan's teacher - which won't matter too much since I don't know any of the teachers at her school anyway!

Doug is going out of town today, but he gave the girls very nice blessings this morning before he left, and I think we are ready to go. Nerves as always, but positive attitudes about the upcoming school year.

3 comments:

MnM McQuivey's said...

Wow! school already! We find out who Ammaron's teacher is today and if he is morning or afternoon, but we still have a few weeks before school starts. We hope the girls have a good first day!

Bonnie said...

I think it is retarded that they start you on a Friday!! Whatever. Good luck. We are excited to get going too. My kids have their teachers and schedules already. Alexa's teacher is new this year. Hayden should get his teacher in the mail soon. He will be morning, because that is when the kindergarten bus is running this year--but we don't know his teacher yet. My kids start 2 weeks from yesterday--except for Landon who starts 1 week from Monday.

Mama D said...

This seems really early for school to start! And I agree with the silliness of starting on a Friday! We always start in late Aug, usually a Wed but this year it will start on a Thurs. My kids are starting to get excited but aren't ready for summer to end!