Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Mommy's little helpers

We've really been focusing on the girls learning how to do chores, doing them independantly, and doing them consistently. They've been doing a great job! All in all, the house has been a lot cleaner lately!

I've typed out instructions for what needs to be done in each job, and for the most part it is working out well.

However, I didn't account for the "extra" things the kids might come up with on their own. Things like:


A few days ago, I asked Ashlyn to bring me the laundry from the bathroom. When I went to start a load, I found this already in the laundry tub! She had gone above and beyond by throwing the laundry right in there (without sorting, of course!) and even threw the trash bag in for good measure! What a kid! I've also been finding dirty clothes in the dryer. Apparently Ashlyn thinks the washer and dryer are the equivalent of the hamper!



Part of the kitchen chore is helping mom cook dinner. Last night, Ashlyn kept saying that she wanted to make lemonade. I told her to go ahead and get it out, and I would help her mix it up right before we ate. When I went to find the lemonade packet, it was nowhere to be found. I asked her where it was, and she said, "right here, silly!". It was in the fridge! Of course, where else would you look for a DRY lemonade packet?? Silly me.


Last but not least, I went to deep-clean the girl's bathroom this morning, and found these lovely organized toothbrushes. Apparently they decided to get out every single toothbrush they've been given over the past few years from the dentist and school, and put them out on the countertop in this organized fashion. I counted 15 toothbrushes in all (I had them stored in a drawer for later). Now I have no idea how they know whose is whose but I guess they do! Also, we have to include 3 tubes of toothpaste, 3 flosses, and 2 timers.

I love my little helpers!! They are so "helpful!!"

1 comment:

Dancersmama said...

LOL! This is one of the funniest posts I've looked at!! I love the silly things kids do. I love how their mind works - I wish mine still worked like that! The are sooooo cute! I want to see your typed up chore lists - that is a good idea!! Help me!