



Today was Ashlyn's first day of school! I thought it would be harder than it was for me, being that it is my last baby to send off into the world - but she did great, and that helped!
Last night she laid out her clothes, including the yellow socks that she just insisted on wearing. Whatever! This morning she got right up and got herself ready, and announced to me that she was riding the bus and would just eat breakfast at school. I told her that dad and I would be really sad if we couldn't take her to school for her very first day of kindergarten, and she said, "well, okay, I'll meet you there, but I still want to ride the bus!".
She finally gave in and we drove her to school. She went right and sat down and got to work on the packet that was on her desk. Doug and I hung around for a minute but she just didn't seem to need us at all...so we gave her a hug and kiss and were on our way! She didn't even blink!
When she got off the bus (I forgot that they get off on the other side of the street so I didn't get a picture in the bus doorway), she told me that she had a great day and she loves her teacher. She said that the bus was a little scary because she wasn't sure she was getting on the right bus...and Elise forgot that Ashlyn was riding today so she didn't look for her! So she just sat alone and hoped she'd make it home, and she did!
She's off Monday (they start the kindergarten in different groups) and then Tuesday she'll be on a regular schedule, and will ride the bus both directions this time. I think she's going to do just great!
Now, I need to figure out what to do with my kids in school all day! Don't worry, I have lots of plans. I'll have to blog about that later.



1 comment:
Too cute! Ashlyn looks so proud to be off to school - what a big girl she is! I'm so glad she loves her teacher!
Post a Comment