As many times as I've seen the movie, I still think that the true story of the Von Trapp family is inspirational. I've never seen the Sound of Music on stage, and last night as we saw it at Tuacahn, I was not disappointed.
The lady who played Maria was excellent. Beautiful voice. All of the kids were really cute, and performed their parts well. My only slight disappointment was Captain Von Trapp, who had a nice voice but was a little lackluster. Could have just been an off night for him, as it seems like he knew what to do but was just lacking energy. I have a theory about him: He is also playing the role of Jean Valjean in Les Miserables on alternating nights. My hunch is that the Valjean role is what brought him to Tuacahn, and that is what he is really throwing his energy into. I know that role is traditionally very demanding vocally, physically, and emotionally - so perhaps he is just too wiped out from that to do another big role. At any rate, he was not horrible, just kind of....blah. But overall it was really good. We all loved how they did the puppet show. Those who get into choreography would really like that.
I would encourage anyone who is going to be in the area to see it. A timeless story with great talent in a beautiful setting like Tuacahn is well worth it. Sadly, the theatre was only about 2/3 full last night.
Now, tonight my theory about Captain Von Trapp/Jean Valjean will be tested. Morgan, Elise, and I are going to see Les Mis. Whereas I've never seen Sound of Music onstage, I've seen Les Mis maybe 4 or 5 times, loved it every time. I'm looking forward to it.
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
How fun to get to see two shows! What/where is this Tuacahn? I've never heard of it, nor can I even pronounce it!! LOL! Is it a city?
I'm glad ya'll are having fun!
Post a Comment