I posted awhile back about idiot men who think it is okay to kill their wives when they are caught in a web of lies. The three cases I mentioned were Mark Hacking, Tim Eubanks, and David Ragsdale.
Updates to a couple of those cases:
Last night I was speaking with a friend, and she told me that Eubanks had pleaded guilty (several months ago, I somehow missed it). I've been following the case because the murder victim was the daughter of ward members of ours, and the children lived in our ward for a time after the murder. Horrible, horrible crime. Google it if you want to learn more. Anyway, my first thought when I heard that he plead guilty was "Good!" because I didn't want the kids to have to testify and figured the plea had to be at least life without parole. Then she told me that he only got 35 years, eligible for parole in half that! Are you kidding me? That's not even a year for each year of Tina's life!! Not to mention the fact that this monster had also physically and sexually abused the children. He should have gotten 35 years just for the abuse alone, not to mention the murder.
The family was ready to testify, and were outraged by the plea. I don't blame them. After reading more about it, it's even more sickening than I knew. For one thing, Eubanks is saying that he did it because he has epilepsy and the medicine made him do it. The kids say that the abuse was happening long before then. Then, the morning of the murder, he told the older kids not to come back home from seminary before school as they normal did. This murder was premeditated! And even sicker than anything else, after this monster had murdered the mom, he sexually abused a daughter AGAIN before he left the house. Not to mention that he tied the little girls up and terrified them for life. Thiry-five years for all of that!??? Oh my. If he gets out when he can be paroled, which is not all that unlikely, these kids will only be in their 20's and 30's!! Even if he serves the complete sentence, the very longest he could, it is very likely that he'll still be alive (he'll be 74) and will have time as a free man.
Not only that, but he apparently still has legal custody. What? The DA didn't think to work that all out? She said she didn't think it was important! This man having any contact at all with anything to do with the children is completely assanine!
Maybe I should go to law school after all. Stuff like this really makes me mad!
Okay, so now for David Ragsdale. He has fired his defense attorney (the best in the state) apparently because the attorney advised him to plead guilty and get life without parole rather than face trial and possibly the death penalty. His defense is that his doctor prescribed drugs that were messing him up and he was not thinking right. Again, you couldn't get more pre-meditated than what he did! He waited in a church parking lot for his wife to arrive, and then shot her (was it 13 times??) in front of her mother and churchgoers.
I'm sure it was the drugs that made him have multiple affairs and treat his wife like crap too.
I hope he does go to trial and the jury fries him.
Thursday, July 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
My information that the family was upset and ready to testify is second hand (but I wouldn't doubt it).
This makes me shiver. There is something wrong with a system that doesn't see a problem with the plea agreement in this situation and for leaving custody with this man. (Shudder)
On a good note, I love the pictures of your girls! And I enjoyed reading about your vacation. :)
Post a Comment