Tuesday, March 18, 2008

RIP Bird



While the girls were playing outside today, they found a dead bird in the yard.


They made a little grave for it, and even made a headstone. The headstone reads:


RIP Bird

3/17/08


If you have any info, call ***-**** (our home phone) or ***-**** (Doug's cell)


The Bird Catchers


At the bottom it says, "here lies a dead bird"


In Remembrance


Then there are hearts drawn all around the paper.


By the way the paper is now decimated by wind and humidity, but I took a picture of the little grave. They also put bread crumbs on the grave so that when the bird's friends come to visit they will have something to eat.


It is so fun having sweet little kids!


I can just imagine someone calling Doug's cell phone saying, "Um, yes, I have some information about the bird that was found in your yard. LOL! This one was good for a few laughs, but really I am glad that they are so kind-hearted.




1 comment:

Cami said...

Your kids are so cute. How thoughtful to remember the birds that come visit, how funny!