Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Wow! Updates!

It has been more than 5 years since I last posted, and we desperately need an update because SO MUCH AS CHANGED!

Even though I don't blog anymore - here or elsewhere - it is very fun to go back and look at things!

Here are our updates: (I don't remember anyone's nicknames so I'll just use initials)

D was released as bishop a couple of months ago. It's been a good couple of months! :) He also recently got certified as a play therapist, which is surprisingly a lot of work and has taken several years to accomplish. Way to go! We recently celebrated our 20th anniversary and will celebrate with a trip to Europe soon!

A (as in me) is finishing grad school a month from today! Funny because my last post I was talking about whether or not to even apply. I'm so glad I did. I will have an MSW - it's almost in the bag as we speak. One more big paper to write, a learning agreement to complete, and 15 hours more of interning and it's done! Now to find a job, woot!

M has probably had the biggest changes in the last 5 years. She graduated from high school and is nearing the end of her freshman year at BYU. She's done really well and has adjusted easily and matured. She has been called to serve as a full-time missionary for the LDS church and leaves in a couple of months. She is going to Barbados and will speak French, which is a language that she loves. When she returns home, she'll have just 2 years left at BYU (I guess that really makes her a sophomore this year by credit) and then she's planning on grad school. But we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. We are really proud of her! She's doing great!

E is a junior this year, so hard to believe. She recently got back from a trip to France with the French teachers. She's a great student and on the tennis team. She's driving, dating, all the fun stuff.

A is a freshman and that is even more hard to believe! She too is doing well, speaking Spanish and loving it. She loves animals, they are her passion.

And other A, as in Ava the dog. We've had Ava now for more than a year and a half. She is a lot of fun but still very puppy!!

No comments: