I rarely blog anymore, mainly because I don't have time and because I really don't have anything important to say anyway.
It only took me 2-2/2 months after getting home from our vacation to upload the photos. I still haven't really had time to organize them though or post about them, so maybe a few more months for that. :-)
It's been a beautiful fall, but now I'm afraid the long winter is upon us. It's supposed to snow tonight. I am so not ready. Yuck. Can I move back to Louisiana just for these 4 (5?) months every year? I kid you not, I have not warmed up yet from crossing guard duty 5 hours ago!
Nothing too new with the kids. They started with a new piano teacher after our awesome teacher moved (boohoo). I could write a novel about the new teacher and his style but suffice it to say we are divided on whether this is going to work out or not. Too bad the best teacher I know is not taking students (hint, hint).
I am working too much. I had great intentions of letting some things go and making some major changes there...but I am a pushover and got talked into staying. I wish people would stop telling me how wonderful and needed I am, haha. When I took 3 jobs, I had my reasons. The circumstances have changed and it ended up being much more permanent than I ever intended, but it is what it is and I will stand by my commitments and find a way to pull it all together. I always do.
Finally, I got released from my calling at stake conference last week. I have very mixed emotions about this. There are a lot of reasons I could have been released (too busy, teenagers scare me, I'm not as compassionate and patient as I should be) and yet the reason I was given was kind of a surprise. I'd like to expound on it more but I really shouldn't. Suffice it to say I will really miss working with the young women. They have been such an example to me and I really find them fun and interesting and entertaining. I hope for the best for all of them and very much enjoyed seeing their progress in life. I am very grateful for the friendships that I made in this calling and for the many things I have learned. Sad to see it go but also excited to move on to different things.
Speaking of which, I did get a new calling on Sunday but I haven't been sustained yet so I can't say what it is. I will say this: My heart about dropped when the person issuing the calling started out by talking about scouting and I thought, "OH NO YOU DON'T!!! THAT IS THE ONE CALLING I WOULD HAVE TO SAY NO TO!!"...but then thankfully it was not scouting or anything like unto it. Thank goodness. :-) I am excited for this change but it will be a challenge for me in many ways. I like challenges though so it's all good.



1 comment:
It's so good to read an update! I've missed hearing from you. Sounds like life is good even though it's busy.
Sorry about your release. I had a horrific time adjusting after I was released from YW, so I totally understand. I'm excited to hear about your new calling. (It'll give you something to say when you blog next time!)
Post a Comment