I tried braking as much as possible but still crashed. Yes, that is right, the ripe old age of 40 was sitting there ahead of me and I was unable to stop in time. I have officially crashed!!
Why does 40 sound so old? I don't feel old. When I look at other 40-year-olds I don't think THEY are old. But, consider my family history:
At age 40, my mom:
-Had 6 children age 12-20
-Had 2 children in college
-One of those in college was married
-became a grandma
At age 40, my dad:
-Had (the same) 6 children, age 10-18
-Had 1 child in college
-Had his first heart attack which dang near killed him
Honestly, when I look back on that time, I thought my parents were OLD. He he he.
On the other hand:
At age 40, I:
-Have 3 children ages 7-11 (8-12 this year)
-Haven't even paid off my husband's grad school student loans, let alone sent a kid to college
-Hope to not have any heart attacks or grandchildren for a looooong time.
Happy birthday to me!
Sunday, February 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
You scared me for minute...I'm glad there was no real crash! :) Congrats on 40! I didn't know this was the big one. You have much to be proud of!
Happy Birthday! It is a little strange to think of where our parents were at our age...
Post a Comment