Monday, October 25, 2010

Primary Program 2010

We had a lovely Primary program yesterday. It was the last year for Sis, which gives me mixed emotions. I'm excited for her to be in young women's, but I sure love to watch my kids in the Primary program - especially since I've only been able to see this year's and last year's as an audience member.

I remember my last program as Primary president, in a bursting-at-the-seams ward in Utah. We had somewhere around 150 Primary children that year. For our program, we had kids sitting on risers in front of the pulpit, on the front two rows of the chapel, plus of course the choir seats and every place we could sneak a chair in there. I remember we even put rows of chairs on the wheelchair ramp leading up to the stand. As I watched a couple of the practices this year (helping Lou with her part, which I'll talk about in a minute) I couldn't help but feel relieved that it was not me trying to figure out all the seating and how to let every kid be seen by their parents. Sigh. Those were the days!

Here were our parts in the program this year:

Sis talked about the day she was baptized and received the gift of the Holy Ghost. She said it was the best birthday gift she could ever ask for. She also sang with her class on a special song. I can't believe she is almost out of Primary!

Lou played her cello on "I am a Child of God". She did a great job for having quit cello lessons a few months ago (I hope she'll pick it up again someday!) She also had a short speaking part about how she knows Heavenly Father loves her because he answers her prayers and she can feel it in her heart.

Pippy talked about how she was lost in the library one day but she said a prayer and the Spirit told her to calm down and get an adult, and then she found me.

Teachers, children, presidency, and music people - they all did a great job! I loved it!

1 comment:

Mama D said...

I love the Primary program!! Sounds like your girls did really well. The last Pri program for your child (esp your first) really is a bittersweet moment!

But Sis will love YW, too!