Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Good, the Bad, and the Stinky

The Good: I got a job! Even without passing my class. :) I do want to pass the test though, just so I have something to show for all the time and money I put into that dumb class. I'm going to be working for another transcriptionist who started her own business almost 10 years ago, without taking a class. She just went after the contracts and proved her work and now has more clients than she can handle. So, I'm going to help her out. No guarantee on hours, but my sister-in-law used to work for her and she kept her busy. Excited to start!

The Bad: More school issues for Pippy. Seriously, one of MY kids is having behavioral problems at school? Impossible! The teacher called yesterday, and Pippy had taken toys to school and was hiding them from the teacher (down her pants, no less). We are working on it.

The Stinky: So, my house literally stinks. Like a skunk! "What happened?" you might ask. In a nutshell: Dog started going nuts about something under the deck. Kids thought it was the monster groundhog back and sprayed water under the deck, after which there was no doubt it was, in fact, a skunk. Unfortunately, the door was also left open, so the skunk smell downwinded right into my family room. I thought I had lysoled it enough in here, but when I came home from work this afternoon it was pretty apparent that the smell might last while. So much fun!

5 comments:

Mama D said...

Hooray for the good; good luck with the bad; hope the stinky goes away soon!

Kristen said...

Yeah for the job! Hopefully the school issues will be resolved quickly. Yuck for the skunk!

Brianne said...

Congratulations on the job! Way to go and good luck!

Jennifer said...

Congrats on the job!

We've had that stinky before. Our dog got sprayed. Then the kids let her in the house. Dog then proceeded to try and wipe skunk spray off on everything, carpet, floor, blankets, couch... It was awful! I'm sorry you have to go through it!

MnM McQuivey's said...

Congrats on the new job! As for the stink try baking soda. We have some friends that had a skunk in the garage and nothing got rid of the smell better than baking soda.