BEFORE: Here we have the same lovely wallpaper that graced the kitchen, only this time instead of purple laminate countertops we had pink. Absolutely gorgeous (good thing they threw in the picture to make it look better!)....and ha ha those glass blocks again! Man, the previous owners loved glass blocks!

1st TRANSFORMATION: So, I wanted a blue room, and this color coordinated well with some of the colors we had in the artwork we bought in New Orleans. It also didn't clash with the countertops too badly....BUT...it was just much brighter blue than I wanted. Every time I walked in here I felt a shockwave, so it had to go! And once I decided to faux paint the kitchen countertops, I thought why not the bathroom countertop too, and so it evolved....

2nd TRANSFORMATION: The paint on the countertop here has held up much better - probably because it gets almost no use. Yes, the walls are 2 different shades of green - one was the leftover from the family room, one was the leftover from one of the shades in the countertops (they are gold, black, brown, and green if you can't tell). You really can't tell they are different shades though unless you look closely. I think it looks fine - and it's a fun place to put the few things we picked up when we lived in New Orleans.
No comments:
Post a Comment