Saturday, June 19, 2010

A visit from my favorite cuz...

My cousin "J" was born just 6 weeks before I was. I always lived apart from her growing up, but when we would come to visit, my sister and I would stay at her house (she had a little sister close to my little sister's age) and we would have great fun. When I came to BYU and she was living in Orem, we came very "tight" and spent a lot of great times together. We served missions at roughly the same time, worked at the same place afterwards...on and on. She's my good friend and almost like a sister.

Which means, we have had some bumps! It distanced us for several years. Long story. Long and ugly story!

Last summer when I visited Utah, we got together for dinner and had a really nice visit. We caught up, and had a bit of a heart-to-heart. Due to a change in some circumstances that were keeping us apart, and forgiveness, we became friends again. She's had a hard couple of years, and I hope she has felt that I can be a support for her.

So what does this have to do with anything? Well, she came to visit! Actually, she came to visit her sister who lives here. Her nephew was graduating from high school so she came out for that, with her parents. One of the days they were here, my aunt and uncle and two cousins, "J" and "K" came to visit me. We went out to lunch and had a nice visit. It was great to see them, especially J. She will always be special to me and while things may not be as good as they once were, we are rebuilding and I love her no matter what.

So, I took my camera for our visit, and then forgot to take a picture! Dang. This is me being disgusted with myself as I stopped at a red light and saw my camera sitting on the chair next to me! (Can you tell how disgusted I am with myself?)

At any rate, it was great to see my cousin/almost sister/friend!

No comments: