1. I sure wish I could finish up my dumb transcription class. I don't mind the work....but I'm very sick of the class. Enough already! I am so close...I thought I was so close a couple of months ago too. It's like the neverending story.
2. It was a year ago that Dee and myself first came here looking for our new home. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed by how much I have to do on this house we found....but when I look at how far we have come it feels good. Over the next few weeks, I'm going to post a bit about where we were compared to where we are today. It will help me to see the light at the end of the tunnel!
3. We had stake conference last night and today, which was great. We sang in the choir which was fun, and because we were out at noon I got a nice nap in this afternoon - first time in awhile that has happened!
4. I got a new calling. Very mixed emotions about this one. Same calling, but on the stake level instead of the ward level. I will miss working with the girls in our ward, and the women I have been working with in YW. However, I think the world of the stake YW president and am very excited to work with her and learn from her also. Sad to go, happy to learn more. Guess it's time I get out of "Primary mode" and learn something about YW! Also, this means I will be going to girl's camp for the first time in um...almost 30 years? Wish me luck and pray for me! :-)
Sunday, May 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Wow, a year already?! Time flies... I have found that when I focus on the positives of how far I've come - it definitely makes how far I still have to go much easier to handle!
Congrats on the new calling! Sounds fun. I miss serving in YW. I discovered that camp can be fun with the right leaders and attitude and goals... Much better as a leader than as a youth!!
It's nice that there is a light at the end of your tunnel on your house...I don't even see a light yet on mine!
I am excited for you in your new calling. You will be great, of course! :o)
Post a Comment