Here are a few random things from the last few days:
-Snow last night. It was SOOO pretty. When I went to bed, the snow was gently resting on the tree branches and ground, I almost woke the kids to show them because it was so gorgeous. Then, it started to rain, making ugly slushy stuff by this morning. Now, it is so dang windy and cold. Miserable outside, especially the wind. The rain took the snow away, but more snow is coming tonight. Just in time to freeze the wet roads, sounds like a fun commute tomorrow morning!
-Got my H1N1 vaccine today, it was dramatic. I went in for lab work, happened to ask about when they would be doing the H1N1 for the general public (last night on the news they said it was available for basically anyone who wanted it now), was told I could get it today...and then proceeded to get cussed out by the nurse for getting it because I'm not in a high risk group and they don't have enough vaccine. Um...instead of getting nasty with me, why don't you talk to the lady at the front desk who isn't screening well enough? I told the nurse that if they didn't have enough for everyone I was happy to wait...to which she told me to stay and get it but continued to whine about it. Either give it to me or don't, but please hush yourself. I heard you the first time.
-I found out that I lived in the same apartment as the YW president I am serving with. 321 Heritage Manor, Rexburg! Had she been uh...several...years older than she is, we would have been roommates! It is such a small world. I figure in the 25 years or so that place has been open, around 150 of us have lived in that particular apartment (6 girls per year...but lots of us were there for more than 1 year so it's probably actually fewer than that). I am convinced that you could take almost anyone you meet, especially in the Mormon world, and find some connection with them! We didn't have the same bedroom though. If we would have, that would have been truly weird (about 50 girls have had that room) and if it was the same bed (25) I would be truly freaked out! But she was in the room that belonged to my roommates TyRee and Heidi (first year) and TyRee and Karen (second year). Ah, Heritage Manor. Great memories.
-I have lost a Christmas present for one of my girls. I am so bummed! I bought three of something, and now only have 2! How did one just disappear, since they were together? The only things I can figure is that one was accidently thrown away, or one of the neighbor kids came across it and swiped it - although I really don't think they would. Anyway, it was kind of set, and I've been looking in the stores and can't find another one. I asked the girls if they had seen anything that looked like it might be a Christmas present (still in packaging, etc.) and they said they hadn't, and M offered to be the one not to get whatever it is. She is such a sweetheart. If I don't find it before Christmas I'll be seriously disappointed, but will find her something to replace it.
-Finally, I'm insulating my windows today with a plastic covering. It is supposed to start getting really cold, and our heating bill is already too high. Hopefully a few things I'm trying will make us more energy efficient.
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
We had icy drizzle yesterday; lots of ice this morning! Girls were hoping for a snow day, but they didn't get it.
I agree w/ you about the vaccine - either give it or don't, but quit whining! And train your staff to screen better!
Small, happy world... It does seem to be particularly true within the Church!
I'm so sad about your missing present. If it was just one thing, you could replace it with something else - but as part of a set of 3 for your 3 girls... Good luck finding it!
Smart move to insulate your windows. Hope it helps lower your heating bill. (Hopefully, the higher heating bill will be balanced out by a lower cooling bill in the summer without the Southern humidity!)
Post a Comment