Okay, I'm finally ready to post pictures. We wanted to get our window treatments up in the living room first. Again, my parents are really the only ones who will get how this flows better....

As you walk into living room from entry

Moved the dining set into another room, piano took it's spot.

Looking from the new dining room into the living room. You can see that it opens the room a lot more. Also, we have our French lace sheers up and our cheapo drapes from Meijer. I really like the colors in this room.

New arrangement in bedroom. Keep in mind I have not decorated this room AT ALL yet, but you can see that the room is much more open. We moved the bed (it was where the couch was, totally cutting off the room), creating a little sitting area with the couch facing the entertainment armoire. I know it's weird to put a bed up against a sliding door (or doorwall, as they are called here), but what are you supposed to do when doorwalls take up 2 walls, the fireplace takes another, and the only logical way to put the bed is right in front of the door? I like this better. (P.S. this house has SEVEN doorwalls. I think someone must have been a doorwall guy. )

You can see how this created a little sitting area here - looking into the new dining room.

I didn't take pictures of the new dining room because I've been putting everything on that table while I keep unpacking boxes - but it's right on the other side of the fireplace now (yes, there is a door between the dining room and bedroom so that people don't have to look into our room when they eat dinner.)

As you can see, there is now a clear pathway through this area, where before there was a piano, a couch, and a bed in the way. Much better, in my opinion.
3 comments:
Angie, I love how this looks. The colors are very complimentary with your furniture.
the shears look great, glad you can use them. I can hardly wait to see your house.
Fantastic!! I love what you've done to open up your new home.
I really like it, Ang. I love the curtains, and it seems to give you more of a flowing, functional space. Now I have to go back there again and see it in person!
Post a Comment