Sunday, July 5, 2009

STADIUM OF FIRE!

My E has been waiting for this day for a long time! She loves the Jonas Brothers, and could not wait to see them in concert at the Stadium of Fire this year. Here we are before the concert, showing our tickets! Three adorable girls (M & E, and cousin Alexa) waiting for the concert to start. We got there early to avoid some of the parking and traffic nightmare. The lady behind us asked us if we had come last year, and we told her we did but didn't care for it at all. She asked why and we told her that the sound was horrible, among other things (ticketing fiasco, etc.). She told us that her son works on the sound system and that they tried to convince Miley last year to use theirs, but she insisted on using her own (which is more conducive to an indoor arena than an outdoor stadium). Explains a lot!
This picture was funny. We kept hearing these girls screaming, trying to get the JB's to come out of their trailer. We thought we'd go check it out to see if they would actually come out. We had a great view from here, and you can just see the anticipation on her face that she might actually see them (we didn't).
E's face after trying the nasty juice that the sponsor gave out.

I snapped this photo not too long before the show started, just to make myself homesick. Although I'm not a "mountain" person really (as in, I don't really enjoy spending time IN the mountains), I do love looking at them. And I think Cougar Stadium has to be one of the prettiest settings around.
During the JB's. You can see she is so tired, but happy by this point!
The view from our seats. Not horrible, not great. Much better than our seats last year, for sure. The sound was great this year, and I have to say that I was won over to the Jonas Brothers. I always thought they were kind of hokey/cheesy/overhyped, but they really put on a great show and displayed a lot of talent. I was pleasantly surprised. The girls had a blast and I did too. We a great time!
All in all, this was money very well spent. I love the patriotic parts of Stadium of Fire, and the fireworks are second-to-none. Now that they aren't bringing in country stars every year, I'm actually liking the show too. The flyover always gets me, and last night the retired the big flag that they've used on the field for several years, and that was really neat. Fun times.
I took some video on my phone, but I don't have the cord I need to upload it here. I guess when I get back home I'll try to find that and put some video on. It's priceless.

1 comment:

Mama D said...

Glad that E had so much fun and that you were able to enjoy the concert, too! Enjoy your vacation!