Friday, July 24, 2009

One down, ?? to go!

My kids have been asking to see pictures of my projects (I don't think they think I'm really working here!) I forgot to take before pics until I was already into the project, but here are some photos before/in process of our first room to be finished, the living/dining room:And now for the after! I painted the walls (2 tan, 2 sage green) and the trim (white). Other than that, I didn't do much other than put things away, because we don't have a lot of money to spend on it. I'd still like to do a few things, I'll explain those below each picture where they apply.
I'd still like to get curtains, but that's out of the budget for now.
The pictures aren't hung yet because we still haven't located our hammer (I KNOW!! Where is that stupid hammer?)
The big important thing missing here is the chandelier. The light that's here now is awful. I actually purchased the new lights tonight (for all the main floor rooms) but that will take a few days for Doug to get them installed. I'll put up a new pic when that's done.
My one purchase: the vase and flowers from Ikea. I'm totally talentless in these matters, so I just displayed it exactly as they had it at the store.
I'm really not a fan of those glass blocks. We've considered different things we could do with it, from sheetrocking it to covering it with some type of curtain, to just putting something over it. I've decided on the latter -there is some really cool modern art stuff at Ikea that is big enough to cover it. Again, that will have to wait a few paydays.
So there you have it: Room number 1 done for all intents and purposes. Of course, I don't think anything is ever completely done, but we're making progress!
The "fireplace room" and family room are both almost done as well. They need a few little touches (hopefully tomorrow) and then I'll post those pics. After that, the upstairs doesn't need a whole lot, nor does the master bedroom/bath. The kitchen is a huge project and that will be a month or so before it's ready. There is one other room that I'm going to make into a play room/game room. It's right off the family room and should be a good spot, but it has a cement floor that I'm going to paint and then just cover it with area rugs (which I already have from before, or what the previous owners left). I'd say by the time my kids come home in a week, I should have the great majority of this done other than finishing touches and waiting for the kitchen.

6 comments:

grammy said...

Doug and Angie,
Love all you hard work. The dinning room set is beautiful, first time seeing it. I have the lace curtins that we brought back from Switzweland, you are welcome to them if you can use them, I also have the sheers that were in the guest room in Evanstan, they are very beautiful with a heavy lace valance and lace in the middle of sheer, I bought them from ZCMI, You may use them also if they would work anywhere. So excited to get girls tomorrow.

McQuivey said...

It looks really nice, I love your colors! We can't wait to see more pictures.

Mililani said...

Thanks for sharing. G'mas dining set is perfect there. I look forward to more photos in the future.

Cami said...

Looking good! I love seeing before and after pictures. You're doing a great job, can't wait to see more.

Bonnie said...

I love it, it is looking great!! I know it has been a little bit hard on your girls, but I'm sure that it is so much easier to get things done.
I am glad to hear that you like the ward and the area--I felt good about this move for you guys since you first mentioned it--and it all just seemed to work out.

Dana said...

Wow Angie it is looking awesome! I am so excited for you guys!